Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December the Semester is finally over

Thank goodness that it is finially the end of the semester.
This semester I have volunterred at C.A.R.E. almost every other week. Sometimes it was difficult to make it there, however fortunetly there were oppertunities on the weekends for me to volunteer. These oppertunities included going to various places in Springfield to set up mobile adoptions. These mobile adoptions were fun because I got to have one on one time with thr cats and dogs. I also like a proud mother talk about the best attributes all the cats and dogs have, urging an adoption. I also, went to a pat blessing at the Methodist church on Campbell. This was a fun experience. we collected donations from the church followers. Also, we brought one of the puppies to the animal blessing and the dog was prayed for by the assistant pastor.

The best experiences that I have had with this organization this semester would be just enteracting this the animals. It helps me relieve stress to go and hang out for a few hours with the dogs and cats; especially since we cannot have any animals were we live. It is also is nice for the animals to given some love nad affect, when they come from the pound where they are usually treated badly.
Although getting to be with animals once every other week is nice it is tough at the same time. These dogs and cats live in cages and get passed over and over day after day, week after week. It is a sad experience to watch dogs give up trying to be noticed when people come in to look at them. This was the most emotionally tough part of working with this organization.

Next semester I tihnk will be better than this semester. I think this because the basic mission of our project will not be changing and we have already made connections with the staff at C.A.R.E. The project will have more community and campus evolvment aspects to it next semester.

Living in the leadership housing I have learned how to work with a group on an extensive project. I work better alone and I dont trust people to contribute to work that will have my name on it because I dont think that it will be good enough. So i have learned to deal with this problem of mine. I will be able to be a more efficent and better leader.

I think that the Wellness and Stress-Free Program has taught me interesting things about my body and how I can sense when something is wrong with it. I loved LOVEEDDDDD Tai Chi. That releaved the most stress for me and it was fun and I loved the instructor. You can tell that she was eficent in what she was teaching us about and she enjoyed doing it. I think doing the stuff on time was annoying and boring. I didnt want to do it and actually it stressed me more out thinking about doing it..then actually revealing stress.

WINTER BREAK....I look forward to doing nothing and laying in my bed. I might read a book not related to school. IM EXCITED

No comments:

Post a Comment