Friday, April 15, 2011

Hey this is Sarah's post for April

Hello Everyone,
My blogger account is not working so I am under Josie's name.

Our organization has been difficult to work with this semester. They never return phone calls and they never schedule us for volunteering opportunities, until the last minute usually during the day when I have class. Therefore, this has been the most challenging experience I have had with CARE.

Our last event was completed yesterday. We sold goodie bags in front of the commons on Tuesday and Thursday. It was a really good time and we made a lot of money for CARE. Actually up to date I think we have made almost 1000 for the organization so far. The last thing we are doing for our project this year is spread around fliers for a summer event CARE is involved in. This event is the Harley Davidson event. I will be around this summer so I am for sure going to check it out.

WE HAD A DOG ON THURSDAY!!! We had been trying to get a dog to be there during our last event and we finally succeeded. YAY!!!!

This semester we have done everything that we had originally planned to do. The only thing that is lacking this semester is getting volunteer hours. Other than that we are staying strong and I truly believe that we are helping CARE become a stronger organization. This is because we are giving them free PR and we are fundraising for them as well.

-Thank you, Sarah Nemeth

No comments:

Post a Comment