Friday, November 19, 2010

November!

Hello everyone!

It's finally November and time for Thanksgiving :)

This month has been a good one for our summit group. We had our summit social on Wednesday and quite a few of our classmates showed up. Ethan grilled hot dogs for us and we made 7 layer dip and chips and I baked some cookies. I'm glad everyone liked at least a couple of the things we served. We tried to have something for everyone. Thanks to you all who came, we appreciate it!

This year is going really well so far, there have been numerous mobile adoptions and different fundraisers which we have participated. We have also all been volunteering regularly since September and have almost all of our 15 hours done. I feel that we have made a good impact on CARE, I have regular communication with both the PR director, and the volunteer coordinator so we are always aware of and able to attend their events.

There haven't been that many struggles so far, except that sometimes our volunteer shifts get off track and that our calenders took so long to be finished and put us behind schedule. Other than those things, its been running pretty smoothly.

We as a group have had our fair share of issues living with each other, but overall I believe that we are a good team. I live with three of my best friends in our own place, I'm pretty sure this is as good as it gets when it comes to rooming situations in college. I have really enjoyed all my time with these girls and look forward to the rest of the year.

The wellness program is going... okay. I don't really like listening to that lady but I do enjoy the opportunities that we have to try new things like Tia chi and acupuncture.

Well I think this blog post is finished. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone!

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment